Velvety Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Cream, butter and Yukon gold potatoes make magic in the kitchen.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence
1 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
freshly-ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil (optional)
1. Warm cream with the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts. Set aside.
2. Put potatoes in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover.
3. Bring to boil and add one teaspoon of salt.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are very tender. Drain.
5. Pass the potatoes through a food mill or a ricer into a large mixing bowl.
6. Stir in the warm cream and butter mixture until the cream is absorbed and the mixture is smooth.
7. Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
8. Finish them off by stirring in olive oil, if desired.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Serve this flavorful soup in glasses, and set up a soup shooters bar for holiday guests to add their own toppings.
If planning the menu is what's holding you back from hosting a dinner party, don't fret. We have fabulous recipe choices right...
Crowd-pleasing fingerling potatoes, wild rice and creme fraiche combine to create a spooky Halloween snack that looks as though...