Thyme and Parsley Stuffing Recipe
Mild and savory, this herbal stuffing pairs well with turkey, ham or even roast beef or pork — or serve this meat-free recipe as a holiday main course to vegetarian friends and family.
- Excerpted from A Greener Christmas
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 stick butter, plus more as needed
3 packed cups fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tsp. lemon thyme leaves
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
zest of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sweat the onion gently in the butter in a saucepan on low to medium heat until soft.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and lemon zest in a bowl, then add the sweated onions. Season well and stir in enough milk to bind the mixture together.
4. Place in an ovenproof dish, dot with a little extra butter and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Excerpted from A Greener Christmas
© Dorling Kindersley Limited 2008
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share more than 20 of their favorite recipes for savory turkey, ham and duck plus tasty...(22 photos)