Throw a Smart Graduation Party
Study up on some creative ideas for hosting a graduation party.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Professional party planners Mary Anderson and Ginger Venable offer ideas for hosting a graduation party.
- Have an old class photo enlarged to jumbo size, and hang it up as a poster. The guests will enjoy seeing themselves, and it makes a great keepsake.
- Make a tribute board with lots of fun photos from the life of the graduate. Make it colorful with bright paper and stickers.
- Decorate a mailbox and use as a centerpiece. Guests can put their cards in it, which will keep them all together and safe.
- Create custom frames with puff paint or stickers. It's great for displaying a senior photo, the graduation announcement or invitation to the party. Make several of them to give away as gifts to the friends of the graduate.
- Make festive centerpieces by painting or wrapping flowerpots in colorful wraps. Add some fresh potted flowers and personalize them with baby photos attached to garden picks.
- Chocolate mortarboard treats would be fabulous for the buffet table. Assemble the mortarboards using miniature peanut butter cups, chocolate bars, peanut butter and fruit rolls. Adhere a chocolate square to an inverted peanut butter up with a little peanut butter. Cut out a fruit roll and make a tiny tassel.
- Fill a gift basket with items the graduate might overlook. Include a camera with extra film and batteries, a distress sign for the car and pens and stationery for writing thank-you notes. Include some stamps for the notes.
- String up a clothesline and fill it with sports jerseys that the graduate has worn throughout his or her career.
Don't forget to place a big sign in the yard so guests can easily find the house.
Check out these tips from our entertaining expert to make your party extra special and extra memorable.
This not-scary theme is perfect for kids of all ages. Kids will love decorating (and eating) their own customized cupcakes,...(15 photos)
Warm summer nights are perfect for glamping dinner parties. Invite friends to enjoy nature views and delicious meals under the...(20 photos)