Texican Tailgate Cocoa Freeze Cocktail Recipe
Craving hot chocolate but the temperature outside is 100 degrees in the shade? Consider cooling your tailgaters off with this chilly drink. You'll need a blender to make this one, so pack one for the party.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
2 oz. of light rum, silver tequila or Kahlua
6 half-oz. pieces of finely chopped chocolate
2 tsp. store-bought hot chocolate mix
1-1/2 tbs. sugar
1-1/2 cups milk
3 cups ice
- Place the chopped chocolate in the top half of double boiler over water.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar and stir until blended.
- Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of milk, stirring until smooth.
- Cool to room or lukewarm temperature.
- In a blender, add the rest of the milk and the lukewarm chocolate mixture.
- Add liquor of your choice.
- Add ice and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into your cup and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
If you can say that name three times fast after drinking one of these, well, you need another! Check out Stephen Phillips'...