Set Up a Holiday Hot Chocolate Bar
During the winter offer guests an alternate sundae station by creating a hot chocolate bar. Set out toppings like whipped cream, chocolate chips and peppermints so they can create the ultimate holiday treat.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 4 servings
4 cups whole milk
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
semisweet chocolate chips
peppermint melts or candy canes
optional: peppermint schnapps or amaretto, for spiking
1. Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until barely simmering.
2. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate.
3. Whisk mixture until chocolate is melted, then add vanilla and whisk to combine.
4. Transfer to an insulated thermos or carafe and place on hot chocolate bar with 4 mugs.
5. Transfer all topping ingredients to individual serving bowls, and place next to hot cocoa on bar.
6. If desired, place bottles of peppermint schnapps or amaretto on bar.
7. Invite guests to build their ultimate hot chocolate treat using their favorite ingredients.
Make the morning merry with a winter-inspired bar cart featuring a bellini station and winter fruits.
For this year's Thanksgiving feast, set up an inviting buffet that's piled high with mouthwatering dishes, seasonal decorative...(17 photos)
Kick off your brunch get-together on a festive note by letting guests be their own mixologists at a self-serve mimosa bar.(5 photos)