Set Up a Holiday Hot Chocolate Bar
During the winter offer guests an alternate sundae station by creating a hot chocolate bar. Set out toppings like whipped cream, chocolate chips and peppermints so they can create the ultimate holiday treat.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 4 servings
4 cups whole milk
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
semisweet chocolate chips
peppermint melts or candy canes
optional: peppermint schnapps or amaretto, for spiking
1. Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until barely simmering.
2. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate.
3. Whisk mixture until chocolate is melted, then add vanilla and whisk to combine.
4. Transfer to an insulated thermos or carafe and place on hot chocolate bar with 4 mugs.
5. Transfer all topping ingredients to individual serving bowls, and place next to hot cocoa on bar.
6. If desired, place bottles of peppermint schnapps or amaretto on bar.
7. Invite guests to build their ultimate hot chocolate treat using their favorite ingredients.
Almost a dessert in itself, this cold-weather cocktail is warm, chocolatey and creamy. For guests with a sweet tooth, it's the...
For this year's Thanksgiving feast, set up an inviting buffet that's piled high with mouthwatering dishes, seasonal decorative...(17 photos)
Throwing a spring soiree? Stock your bar cart for seasonal gatherings with these simple decorating and entertaining must-haves.(9 photos)