Rosario's Rumpope (Ecuadorian Holiday Eggnog)
No holiday is complete without this traditional Ecuadorian family recipe for eggnog. Rumpope, pronounced "rom-poe-pay," uses eggs, condensed milk, peaches, vanilla extract and cinnamon to create a sweet, silky beverage.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 can of condensed milk
3 to 4 canned peach halves or 8 to 10 canned peach slivers
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2-8 oz. cups of rum (optional)
cinnamon powder (or cinnamon stick for garnish)
- Whip eggs in blender for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add condensed milk, canned peach halves, vanilla extract and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add rum as the ingredients are blending (you can increase or decrease quantity as per your taste).
- For a non-alcoholic eggnog: Don't add the rum and simply have your guests add 1-1/2 - 2 ounces rum to their drink.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon around the top or add cinnamon stick for garnish.
Tip: For larger parties make several pitchers (keep refrigerated) and serve in a large punch bowl surrounded by Ice to keep it fresh and cool throughout the evening.
'Tis the season for decorating Christmas trees! Add panache to your holiday decor and give your tree an updated look with these...