Pink Champagne Truffles Recipe
Make your wedding toast even sweeter with pink champagne truffles. Display them in foil candy papers for extra eye appeal.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: Makes 12 small toasting truffles
7 oz. high-quality white chocolate, chopped
1 cup pink champagne such as KORBEL Brut Rosé
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon red flavored gelatin (strawberry or raspberry)
1. Pour the pink champagne into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until champagne has reduced to 1 teaspoon. Set aside and let cool slightly.
2. Set a heatproof bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Add the heavy cream and champagne reduction to the bowl and stir until combined and hot. Gradually add the white chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
3. Sprinkle over the gelatin and mix with a rubber spatula until combined. Mixture will thicken slightly and a little of the cocoa butter may rise to the top — pour this off. Cover and chill.
4. Check for firmness at 5-10 minutes. This mixture firms up quickly and should not be left in the refrigerator for too long.
5. Roll the scooped chocolate with your hands into small balls (about the size of a large grape) and roll into powdered sugar. Serve truffles in fancy candy foils with a glass of champagne for the toast.
Learn how to make strawberry whoopie pies with this recipe from HGTV.com.