Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Combining two popular holiday flavors — peppermint and chocolate — these tasty cookies are perfect for gift giving.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
I don't know why, but I always seem to get peppermint bark in my stocking during the holidays! Last year I had so many boxes saved up from the previous year that I decided to turn them into a tasty treat. These peppermint bark chocolate cookies are the perfect holiday treat and your friends and family will be begging for more.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped peppermint bark
1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel (or sea salt)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and white sugar for 3-5 minutes until light yellow and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat together until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides periodically.
5. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and combine until all the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
6. Mix in the chopped peppermint bark.
7. Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of each one with a touch of the fleur de sel and place the baking sheet into the oven.
8. Bake cookies for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack until they are completely cooled before serving or packaging as gifts.
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for warm and gooey chocolate crinkle cookies, perfect for holiday gift giving.