A tasty treat for horse-racing aficionados or simply a gathering of friends, this Mint Julep is worthy of Kentucky gentry.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Cook up the mint syrup the night before your party.
10 cups of fresh mint leaves
8 cups of sugar
8 cups of water
- Combine your 10 cups of fresh mint leaves and sugar in a bowl.
- Use a pestle or flat end of a spoon to muddle or mash your mint leaves and sugar together.
- Boil this mixture in 8 cups of water until the sugar dissolves.
- Strain out the mint leaves as best you can.
- Transfer to a bottle or small jug with a spout to make it easier to pour at the party.
1 bottle of bourbon
several mint sprigs for garnish
- First fill glass with crushed ice.
- Add 2 ounces of bourbon and a tablespoon of mint syrup.
- Stir and garnish with a mint sprig.
This is the perfect Southern way to celebrate and cool off this summer.
These small hors d’oeuvres are so light and refreshing. The cucumbers and crispy wonton cups pack a big crunch perfect...
From Secrets Maroma Beach in Cancun comes this adventurous cocktail just waiting to whisk you away on a warm tropical breeze...