A tasty treat for horse-racing aficionados or simply a gathering of friends, this Mint Julep is worthy of Kentucky gentry.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Cook up the mint syrup the night before your party.
10 cups of fresh mint leaves
8 cups of sugar
8 cups of water
- Combine your 10 cups of fresh mint leaves and sugar in a bowl.
- Use a pestle or flat end of a spoon to muddle or mash your mint leaves and sugar together.
- Boil this mixture in 8 cups of water until the sugar dissolves.
- Strain out the mint leaves as best you can.
- Transfer to a bottle or small jug with a spout to make it easier to pour at the party.
1 bottle of bourbon
several mint sprigs for garnish
- First fill glass with crushed ice.
- Add 2 ounces of bourbon and a tablespoon of mint syrup.
- Stir and garnish with a mint sprig.
This is the perfect Southern way to celebrate and cool off this summer.
Fill kids' trick-or-treat bags or delight Halloween party guests with our quick-and-easy recipes for salty and sweet snacks.(6 photos)
Gather a group of friends to learn expert tips for making beautiful floral arrangements in a fun environment. Perfect for a...(10 photos)