Mexican Wedding Cookies
Buttery, nutty Mexican wedding cookies are perfect for any festive occasion, especially the holidays.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 4 dozen
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla, and beat until well blended.
4. With the mixer on low, beat in flour.
5. Gently fold in pecans with a spatula.
6. Divide dough in half, then form each half into ball and wrap in plastic.
7. Chill in refrigerator until cold.
8. Working with half of chilled dough at a time, use floured hands to roll a tablespoon-sized piece of dough into a ball.
9. Arrange balls on parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing 1/2-inch apart.
10. Bake cookies until golden brown on bottom and just pale golden on top (approximately 18 minutes).
11. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then roll in additional confectioners' sugar to coat.
12. Transfer coated cookies to rack and cool completely.
From Secrets Maroma Beach in Cancun comes this adventurous cocktail just waiting to whisk you away on a warm tropical breeze...