Mermaid Birthday Invitations
Prepare birthday invitations with a linoleum block print.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
#2HB soft pencil or softer
burnisher or barren
water soluble printing ink
paper, vellum and card stock
ribbon or colorful textured yarn
1. Draw a mermaid, or any desired image, on a piece of paper.
2. Transfer the image to the linoleum printing plate by coloring the back of the paper with soft pencil.
3. Carve the image with the linoleum cutter, leaving linoleum where you want the ink to print.
4. Roll out the ink onto the Plexiglas using the brayer.
5. Roll the ink onto the printing plate.
6. Place the vellum on top of the printing plate and press firmly with the burnisher or barren. Pull the paper off and let dry completely.
7. Cut out the image. Turn the image over and color with oil pastels.
8. Have a card printed out with all the party information on the side and fold in half.
9. Trim your print to fit on top of the card, punch a whole through the cardstock and vellum on the top center and string together with a ribbon or colorful textured yarn.
Set the mood for your holiday cocktail party with a glitzy invitation. Start with our printable template, then add sparkling...
Easily create these fluffy, sweet treats; perfect for topping homemade hot cocoa or creating a gooey center in s'mores.
Forget traditional red and green — this silver-and-white tablescape is neutral, elegant and can be used all winter long.(9 photos)