Marshmallow Jack-o'-Lantern Cookies
These little jack-o'-lanterns are as cute as they are tasty. Placed on a chocolate wafer for crunch, these soft marshmallows can be made several days ahead of your Halloween party. But they're so irresistible, you'll need to hide them
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
14. Using an offset spatula lift the marshmallow from the pan and slide the spatula underneath to release each of the rounds.
15. When the pan is empty, place the remaining powdered sugar back in the pan and toss the marshmallow rounds to coat all sides completely.
16. Place a quarter cup of orange sanding sugar in a plastic container with a snug-fitting lid.
17. Using a spray bottle, mist a marshmallow round on the smoothest flat surface and the sides.
18. Place the marshmallow round in the plastic container and shake to coat with sanding sugar.
19. Remove from the sugar and set aside.
20. When you have completed coating all of the rounds with sugar, pour heavy cream into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until it just begins to boil.
21. Add chocolate chips and swirl pan just a bit to even out layer and coat all chips. Let rest without stirring for 5 minutes.
22. Whisk chocolate chips and cream together until smooth.
23. Pour warm chocolate into piping bag fitted with a fine-point tip.
24. Use the chocolate to make triangles for the eyes and then a zigzag mouth. Fill in the mouth with chocolate (Image 1).
25. Pipe chocolate on the top side of a chocolate wafer and then place a marshmallow round in the center (Image 2).
The Halloween entertaining experts share 40 recipes for homemade sweet and salty party snacks with a Halloween twist that your...(40 photos)
The Halloween experts at HGTV.com share 50 clever handmade costumes and makeup tricks to get both kids and adults ready for...(50 photos)
The Halloween handmade experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for making a kid's vintage aviator or pilot...