Make Frankens'more Treat Pops for Halloween
Delight your Halloween party guests with this frightfully cute spin on a classic campfire recipe. Turn chocolate-covered graham crackers filled with gooey marshmallow into a Frankenstein-themed treat pop for a fun-to-eat party favor.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
16 ounces white mini marshmallows
5 tablespoons water
2 pounds icing sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
48 graham cracker squares
24 lollipop sticks
2 cups white chocolate chips
green food coloring
3 cups milk chocolate chips
chopstick or wooden skewer
foam block for cooling rack
Yield: 24 treats
1. Place marshmallows and water in microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until completely melted. Tip: Alternatively, you can do this on the stove over low heat stirring until the marshmallow is melted. Stir in the confectioners' sugar until smooth (Image 1).
2. Using shortening, lightly grease a clean flat countertop. Knead 1/4 cup of the shortening into the marshmallow mixture as you would knead bread — folding and pressing the mixture with your hands (Image 2). Tip: Reserve the remaining shortening for keeping your hands greased as you work with the marshmallow.
3. Use a medium ice cream scoop to place one level scoop of marshmallow filling onto one graham cracker square (Image 1).
4. Place a lollipop stick in the middle of the marshmallow filling with the top of the stick about 1" from the bottom edge of the graham cracker (Image 2).
5. Place the other graham cracker half on top of the marshmallow filling and press down gently forcing the filling to ooze out just a bit on the sides (Image 3).
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for fun-to-make savory mini sandwiches in a spooky Halloween shape....
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a delicious recipe for Yummy Mummy Pepperoni Empanadas that kids are sure to love.
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a chillingly tasty Halloween margarita using fresh lime juice,...