Honey-Glazed Ham Breakfast Sandwiches
Turn leftover honey-glazed ham into a savory breakfast sandwich by using buttermilk biscuits, arugula and honey Dijon mustard.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 10-12 biscuit sandwiches
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
12 slices honey-glazed ham
1 jar honey Dijon mustard
2 cups baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
3. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your hands until it's the texture of coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well in the center, and add the buttermilk.
5. Use your hands to fold the dry ingredients into the buttermilk until a sticky dough forms.
6. Turn out onto a floured surface, and gather it into a rectangle.
7. Press dough until the rectangle is 1/2-inch thick.
8. Dust a round 3-inch cookie cutter with flour, then carefully cut out the biscuits.
9. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes, then place each biscuit on a parchment-lined baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
10. Brush tops with buttermilk. Bake for 25 minutes until tops are golden brown.
11. Slice each biscuit horizontally, and arrange on a platter with ham, Dijon and baby arugula. Let guests assemble their own sandwiches.
Pumpkin pie spice and apple cider lend autumnal flavor to this Halloween take on classic sangria. Serve in a hollowed-out...
Cremini mushrooms stuffed with walnuts, cream cheese and fresh herbs make the perfect Halloween party appetizer.
This lovely cocktail will make you as energy independent as Brazil.