Halloween Treat: Rice Cereal Monsters
These treats definitely won't suck the fun out of your Halloween soiree. With vampire teeth they can keep, your guests will fall in love with these tasty nibbles at first bite.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
12 cups mini marshmallows (2 bags)
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 cups rice cereal
1 teaspoon vanilla
32 chocolate or peanut butter candy pieces
16 plastic vampire teeth
printable "Beware of Monsters" sign
Yield: 16 monsters
1. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot over medium low heat until all marshmallows are melted (Image 1).
2. Remove from heat and stir in salt, vanilla and cereal until fully coated with marshmallow mixture (Image 2).
3. Pour mixture into a large greased bowl or baking sheet (Image 3).
4. Use a little butter to grease hands and form balls (about 65 grams each) by pressing firmly and rolling between palms (Image 1).
5. Place tightly pressed balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before proceeding (Image 2).
The fall recipe experts at HGTV.com show you how to give a classic madeleine cookie fall flavor with the addition of pumpkin...
The Halloween entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a fun and easy recipe for Frankens'mores: a classic marshmallow s'mores...
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for fun-to-make savory mini sandwiches in a spooky Halloween shape....