Halloween Snack Recipe: Curse of the Mummy Mushrooms
Cremini mushrooms stuffed with walnuts, cream cheese and fresh herbs make the perfect Halloween party appetizer.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 20 mushrooms
20 large cremini mushrooms
3/4 pound spicy Italian sausage, removed from casings
1 small yellow onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, grated
6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, brown sausage and break into small chunks with a spoon. Drain sausage on a paper towel.
3. Add minced onion to skillet and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until golden brown. Turn off heat.
4. Add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, spices, walnuts, sausage and fresh herbs. Mix together until well combined.
5. Stuff mushrooms so the stuffing is piled high.
6. Bake until golden brown.
7. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for fried polenta poppers, or hairy eyeballs, perfect for Halloween parties.
The holiday experts at HGTV.com share easy step-by-step instructions for embellishing pumpkins for Halloween or Thanksgiving...
For Halloween parties, school events or a little last-minute fun at home, HGTV.com shows you how to turn store-bought crescent...