Halloween Recipe: Furry Snowball Monsters
These fun-filled cakes are sure to be a hit at your Halloween party. The familiar taste of chocolate cake and marshmallow topped with coconut will have you wishing you were a kid again.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
2 half ball pans
2 cups of cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar, divided
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
2 large eggs
Filling and Topping:
1 lb unsalted butter, softened
2 7oz jars of marshmallow cream
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
green food coloring
purple food coloring
24 candy eyes
red laces cut into 3-1/2" strips
24 mini marshmallows
Yield: 12 monsters
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Next, lightly grease the ball pans and dust with flour tapping out any excess, then set aside.
2. Sift cake flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and whisk together until fully combined, set bowl aside.
3. Add 1 cup of sugar, yogurt, cocoa powder and vanilla to a separate bowl and whisk together until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency, then set bowl aside (Image 1).
4. In a large bowl, beat butter on medium high until smooth and creamy. Then gradually add the remaining 1 cup of sugar and beat for 4-6 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy (Image 2).
5. Into the same bowl, add eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Tip: Beat each egg individually into the mixture as you add them (Image 3).
6. Add flour mixture from step 2 in three parts (Image 4) and wet mixture from step 3 in two parts (Image 5). Alternating between the two, beginning and ending with the flour.
The Halloween costume experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for crafting a sweet cupcake costume for kids.
The Halloween costume experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for inexpensively crafting an adventure-ready costume...
The Halloween costume experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for crafting a cute bumblebee costume for your dog.