Halloween Haystack Mummies Recipe
These adorable white-chocolate "wrapped" mummies are a great addition to your Halloween treat lineup. Flavored with peanut butter and butterscotch, the potato sticks give them just the right amount of salty flavor and crunch.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
11. Place the melted white chocolate in a piping bag fitted with a long skinny icing tip like those used for flower petals.
12. At two thirds of the haystack mound begin coating with chocolate in a ribbon effect overlapping with each pass.
13. Start again at two-thirds but make the first pass a bit rounded to leave room for the eyes. Continue until the top of the mound is covered.
14. After all of the mounds are "wrapped" in chocolate, use a toothpick to place a white-chocolate dot for each of the eyes in the spaces you left. Insert a mini chocolate chip upside down on each dot of white chocolate while it is still soft (Images 1 and 2).
15. Place in refrigerator to cool completely before trimming away any excess chocolate around the bottom of the treats. Display stacked on a plate or slide each haystack into a cellophane bag to hand out as party favors (Image 3).
The Halloween entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for soft and fluffy homemade marshmallows that are coated in...
The Halloween entertaining experts share 40 recipes for homemade sweet and salty party snacks with a Halloween twist that your...(40 photos)
The Halloween experts at HGTV.com share 50 clever handmade costumes and makeup tricks to get both kids and adults ready for...(50 photos)