Gruyere Potato Gratin Recipe
This delicious potato gratin dish serves up the perfect comfort food for two.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 2 servings
2 pounds large red potatoes
1 1/2 cups coarsely grated Gruyere
2 large eggs
2 cups milk, heated just to boiling
salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Butter a 1 1/2-quart gratin or shallow baking dish.
3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
4. Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices (about 1/8-inch thick).
5. Add potatoes to boiling water and par cook for 4 minutes.
6. Drain potatoes well in a colander.
7. Arrange potatoes in gratin or baking dish, overlapping them, in three layers, sprinkling first two layers each with a third of Gruyere and salt and pepper.
8. In a small bowl whisk eggs and add hot milk in a stream, whisking.
9. Season mixture with salt and pepper and pour evenly over potatoes.
10. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until top is golden and potatoes are tender.
The entertaining experts atHGTV.com share an easy popcorn recipe that's flavored with stout and homemade caramel coating.