Ganache-Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Chocolate chip cookies are the perfect treat for any occasion. Add a layer of ganache and you have an award-winning dessert that any chocolate lover will devour.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
For the Cookies:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons chocolate chips
For the Ganache:
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars in a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl so everything is evenly incorporated.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder, and mix on low until everything is just incorporated, making sure not to overmix.
5. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes and up to 4 hours. While dough is chilling, place chocolate chips in a wide, shallow bowl.
6. Scoop out a 1/4-cup size of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll it around in the chocolate chips and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Place 6 cookies on a sheet. Note: They will spread due to their size, so it's better to bake fewer at a time so they don't run together.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes more. Remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat this process for the remaining dough.
9. While cookies are cooling, go ahead and make the ganache. In a small pot, bring cream to a low simmer.
10. Remove from heat and stir in bittersweet chocolate with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated and all the chocolate is melted. You should have a glossy chocolate mixture. Dip half of each cooled cookie into the ganache and set on parchment paper to dry. Refrigerate chocolate-dipped cookies for 20 minutes to set the chocolate.
The entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for chocolate strawberry shortcakes for Valentine's Day.