Fall Recipe: Chocolate-Dipped Pumpkin Madeleines
These autumnal pumpkin cookies are the just-right treat to serve at a Halloween party, Thanksgiving dinner or any fall get-together. They're also the not-too-sweet complement to a cup of tea and party of one.
- By Sam Henderson, Today's Nest
Filed under: Halloween Party Ideas, Thanksgiving Entertaining, Thanksgiving Recipes, Halloween
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of ginger, allspice and cloves
6 tablespoons butter
2 eggs at room temperature
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons sugar
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1-1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
ice cream or cookie scoop
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a madeleine pan with a generous coat of butter and a light dusting of flour.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices and set aside. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
3. Place eggs and sugars in a mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until thickened or about 5 minutes (Image 1).
4. Add the vanilla and pumpkin puree (Image 2) then mix until fully incorporated.
The Halloween entertaining experts at HGTV.com share a fun and easy recipe for Frankens'mores: a classic marshmallow s'mores...
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for fun-to-make savory mini sandwiches in a spooky Halloween shape....
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a delicious recipe for Yummy Mummy Pepperoni Empanadas that kids are sure to love.Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter