Easy Royal Icing Recipe
This thick and fluffy royal icing recipe is perfect for holding together Christmas gingerbread houses.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
3-4 tablespoons meringue powder
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Whisk together meringue powder and powdered sugar (Image 1).
2. Pour mixture into bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment.
3. Add warm water and mix on high speed for about 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks are achieved (Image 2).
4. Transfer to a piping bag and use to assemble gingerbread house pieces.
5. Cover remaining royal icing with a damp towel to prevent crusting (Image 3).
If planning the menu is what's holding you back from hosting a dinner party, don't fret. We have fabulous recipe choices right...
Whether you're a baking novice or a holiday cookie expert, you'll love our collection of simple recipes to fill out your cookie...(23 photos)
Whip up some classic and not-so-classic recipes for your Fourth of July gathering this year.(20 photos)