Easy Royal Icing Recipe
This thick and fluffy royal icing recipe is perfect for holding together Christmas gingerbread houses.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
3-4 tablespoons meringue powder
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Whisk together meringue powder and powdered sugar (Image 1).
2. Pour mixture into bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment.
3. Add warm water and mix on high speed for about 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks are achieved (Image 2).
4. Transfer to a piping bag and use to assemble gingerbread house pieces.
5. Cover remaining royal icing with a damp towel to prevent crusting (Image 3).
If planning the menu is what's holding you back from hosting a dinner party, don't fret. We have fabulous recipe choices right...
Chef Eduardo Garcia puts a flavorful twist on classic queso fundido to keep the Cinco de Mayo party hot for everyone, whether...
From healthy options to sweet treats, try our easy recipes and cocktails that any dad will love.(22 photos)