Coffee Panna Cotta Recipe
This rich and velvety custard is not just delicious, but easy to make, too. It's truly the perfect ending to a romantic meal.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
To make for two, halve all ingredients in the panna cotta and use 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin instead of a packet. Do not half the ganache glaze recipe. You can store the extra ganache in the refrigerator and warm in the microwave for future use.
For the panna cotta:
1 cup brewed coffee (we used Lavazza Gran Selezione)
1 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
1/4 cup sugar
1 package gelatin
1/2 teaspoon amaretto (optional)
For the ganache glaze:
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
Instructions for the Panna Cotta
1. Prepare four, 6-ounce ramekins or small bowls by spraying with cooking oil.
2. In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, whisk together the brewed coffee, one cup of heavy cream, sugar and amaretto (if using). Allow to come to a simmer.
3. In a small bowl or cup, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream with gelatin until texture is similar to a firm gel.
4. When coffee mixture comes to a simmer, remove from heat and add gelatin mixture.
5. Whisk until gelatin is completely melted and ingredients are combined.
6. Divide panna cotta base equally into prepared ramekins or bowls.
7. Carefully transfer to refrigerator and allow to set at least four hours, but preferably overnight.
Instructions for the Ganache Glaze
1. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream to a simmer.
2. Pour over chopped chocolate and allow to sit for three minutes.
3. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
Remove the panna cotta from the refrigerator. Gently use your fingers or small knife to pull it away from the mold and transfer to a serving plate or serve directly in the ramekins. Drizzle generously with ganache glaze.
Recipe created by Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, stars of Cooking Channel's Extra Virgin
Coffee grounds not only give you energy, but they also perk up your skin. Use this homemade scrub to leave your skin glowing.
Irish whisky and a dollop of whipped cream are all you need to turn a cup of coffee into this cold-weather classic. This drink...
Need an extra jolt? This vegan smoothie, rich with cacao and a splash of raspberries, will give you the energy you need.