Chocolate-Vanilla Striped Christmas Cookies Recipe
Mix together a basic sugar cookie dough with a chocolate-dough variation to create a cookie that blends both flavors.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Form Chocolate-Vanilla Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut each dough in half and stack one half vanilla dough on top of one-half chocolate dough so that the straight cut edges line up (Image 1).
3. Cut stacked dough into 3-inch widths (Image 2).
4. Stack strips on top of each other to form a stack 6 layers high, alternating vanilla and chocolate (Image 3).
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Cut cross sections of dough to 1/4-inch thickness (Image 4).
7. Bake on parchment-lined baking sheets for 12-15 minutes (Image 5).
8. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.
Add chopped cashews, cinnamon and dulce de leche on top of basic sugar cookies to give them a sweet holiday kick.
Whether you're a baking novice or a holiday cookie expert, you'll love our collection of simple recipes to fill out your cookie...(23 photos)
Make classic sugar cookies in your favorite holiday shapes with just six basic ingredients.