Decadent Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C., shares a recipe for decadent chocolate truffles, perfect for satisfying your sweet-tooth cravings.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 cup semisweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
cocoa powder or semisweet chocolate, as needed
truffle filling add-ins (optional; see ideas below)
Truffle Filling Add-Ins
instant coffee crystals (add to cream, then boil)
roasted chopped nuts
any flavor liqueur
chopped dried fruit
toasted coconut and rum extract
extracts or flavorings (peppermint, white chocolate, almond)
eggnog white chocolate (replace half the amount of cream with eggnog)
finely chopped toffee pieces or cookie pieces
1. To make the ganache, place chocolate into a bowl.
2. Bring the cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate.
3. Stir together until all is combined and chocolate is melted. Mix in any additions to the ganache you desire.
4. Let the ganache set, and then scoop into portions and place onto parchment or wax paper.
5. Refrigerate for 10–15 minutes, and then take out and round into balls.
6. Roll into cocoa powder or coat in semisweet chocolate and serve.
Makes about 20 truffles.
These easy-to-make white chocolate truffles will rival those from your favorite sweets shop.
These dark chocolate truffles are a delicious indulgence and make a great gift to give to friends.
Chocolate brownies are (nearly) everyone's favorite dessert. Bake two batches, one with and one without nuts, so everyone can...