Chocolate Stout Cake Pop Recipe
The surprise ingredient in these festive cake pops is stout beer.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Yield: 28 pops
1 box chocolate cake mix
12 oz. stout
1 can frosting or one package cream cheese
1 green bag candy melts (color change is optional)
3 dozen lollipop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix cake mix with stout until batter is smooth. This will make less batter than the regular cake mix instructions.
2. Pour batter into a greased baking pan. Bake according to cake mix instructions or until fully baked. Let cool completely.
3. Finely crumb cake into a large mixing bowl. Mix in 2 tablespoons frosting until mixture forms a slight dough texture. Add more frosting if necessary.
4. Heat candy melts according to package. Do not overheat. Dip each lollipop stick into melted chocolate about 1/2 inch, insert into cake ball, and then dip entire ball into melted chocolate until completely covered. Tap stick on the edge of a dish to remove excess chocolate. Place cake pop into parchment paper. Repeat for all cake pops.
5. Add sprinkles or extra frosting swirls if desired.
Serve these pancakes, made with stout, for breakfast this St. Patrick's Day.