Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cookie Truffles Recipe
Original chocolate truffles have graced birthday, potluck and holiday parties for years. These truffles provide a little twist on the classic recipe and combine everyone's favorite duo: chocolate and strawberries.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
8 ounces cream cheese (regular or strawberry)
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
1 package chocolate sandwich cookies
16 ounces baker's chocolate or almond bark, melted
small heart cookie cutter
1. Mix cream cheese and diced strawberries (Image 1).
2. Transfer chocolate sandwich cookies to a large freezer bag and crush. Then add the crushed cookies to the cream cheese mixture and spread into one side of a greased jelly roll pan, about 3/4-inch thick. Place the pan in the freezer for a few hours to harden (Image 2).
3. Melt the chocolate or almond bark in a saucepan.
4. Once the cookie mixture is hardened, use a heart cookie cutter to cut out each truffle.
5. Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate to cover. Be sure to tap off the excess chocolate. Then transfer the dipped truffle to parchment paper and top with sprinkles, if desired (Image 3).
6. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
Yield: Approximately 15-20 cookie truffles
The holiday experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for homemade heart-shaped mints for Valentine's Day.