Chocolate-Covered Peppermint Crispies Recipe
A year-round favorite treat gets a delicious update for the holidays. Add the flavors of chocolate and peppermint to crisp rice treats before packaging them as homemade gifts for family and friends.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
5. Place a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan filled with 1 inch of water. Over medium-low heat melt 1 cup of chocolate chips just until smooth.
6. Pour melted chocolate over crisp rice mixture in baking pan and smooth out with offset spatula. Set aside to cool and harden completely.
7. When cooled, loosen sides of pan with a knife and turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 12 equally sized bars.
8. Melt remaining chocolate chips in heatproof bowl.
9. Spread melted chocolate onto sides and tops of bars and sprinkle with peppermint candy pieces (Images 1 and 2).
10. Allow to cool and harden completely before serving.
11. Store in an airtight container.
The handmade holiday experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for making oversized chocolate chip cookies in tins...
The holiday crafting experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for making an easy pinecone garland.
The kids' crafting experts at HGTV.com share how to turn a bunch of broken crayons into multicolor discs that fit perfectly in...