Celebrate Hanukkah With a Handmade Menorah Card
Make your own candle-filled card with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 12-by-12-inch sheet dark blue card stock paper
2 12-by-12-inch sheets medium blue card stock paper
3 12-by-12-inch sheets light blue card stock paper
2 12-by-12-inch sheets white card stock paper
1 12-by-12-inch metallic gold paper
24-gauge white wire
silver tooling foil and embossing tool
blue paint and brush
1. Cut four 5-by-10-inch light blue rectangles, one 5-by-12-inch light blue rectangle, four 5-by-10-inch medium blue rectangles, eight 2-by-4-inch medium blue rectangles and nine 2-by-8-inch white rectangles.
2. Cut nine small white teardrop shapes and nine large gold tear drop shapes.
3. Cut nine 12-inch pieces of white wire. Fold wire pieces in half, leaving a 3/4-inch loop at the bend and twist remaining wire together. Glue smaller white teardrops to larger gold teardrops with wire loop in between to form the candle lights.
4. Fold all nine white rectangles in half to make four-inch-long pieces. Put the flame and wire between the open end and glue it in place with 5/8-inch wire showing to make the candle. Repeat this process until all nine candles are complete.
5. Fold all 5-by-10-inch rectangles and the one 5-by-12-inch rectangle in half to form the backgrounds for each panel of the card. The folds will be on the bottom of the card.
6. Decorate each panel using tooling foil, buttons, wire, blue paint and markers.
7. Fold all 2-by-4-inch rectangles in half lengthwise to act as hinges.
8. To assemble the card, attach the candles to the back side of the front of each panel so it's centered and three inches of the candlestick is visible.
9. Attach the hinge pieces to the sides of each panel so that only 1/8 of an inch shows past the centerfold. Panels should be attached together so the larger light blue panel is in the center, followed by alternating medium blue and light blue panels.
10. Glue panel fronts to panel backs, encasing the candlestick and the hinge.
Turn plain popsicle sticks into a festive Hanukkah garland with these step-by-step instructions.
Gather a group of friends to learn expert tips for making beautiful floral arrangements in a fun environment. Perfect for a...(10 photos)
Using a palette of scarlet, rose and deep plum, entertaining expert Camille Styles shares her tips for hosting a Valentine's...(9 photos)