Cashew Dulce de Leche Christmas Cookies Recipe
Add chopped cashews, cinnamon and dulce de leche on top of basic sugar cookies to give them a sweet holiday kick.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 egg white, beaten
12 ounces salted cashews
pinch of cinnamon
14 ounces prepared dulce de leche
1 sandwich bag
1. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar together until just incorporated.
2. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix again on low speed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl intermittently as needed.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add to butter and egg mixture. Mix on low speed until a dough is formed and there are no longer any streaks of butter in the mixing bowl.
4. The dough will clump around the paddle attachment while being mixed. If your mixture does not come together and is crumbly, add ice-cold water 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough clumps.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of wax paper and top with a second sheet (Image 1). Roll dough into an oblong disc between the papers with a rolling pin (Image 2).
7. Transfer dough — wax paper and all — to a large cookie sheet. Wrap dough tightly onto cookie sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
9. Remove top sheet of wax paper and roll dough a little thinner. It should not be sticky. You may dust the surface lightly with flour if it is sticky, but not too much.
10. Roll dough to a 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thickness.
11. Cut dough into 3-inch squares using a cookie cutter (Image 1) and place on parchment-lined baking sheets (Image 2).
Make classic sugar cookies in your favorite holiday shapes with just six basic ingredients.
Incorporate unsweetened cocoa powder into a classic Christmas sugar cookie recipe to get a chocolate-dough variation.
Dress up a basic chocolate cookie dough recipe for the holidays by adding candied orange.