Brighten Parties With Cupcake Candles
These birthday candles are a tasty sight, but try not to eat them.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
This whimsical craft project adds even more to celebrating your birthday.
Materials and Tools:
hard wax (143 degrees Fahrenheit)
soft wax (125 degrees Fahrenheit)
100 percent silicone bathroom caulking
1. Make a batch of real cupcakes and frost them. Let the frosting sit until it gets hard.
2. Cut off the frosted top of the cupcake, and glue it to a piece of cardboard covered with plastic wrap.
3. With bathroom caulking, carefully cover the whole frosted area, sealing it to the board. Make sure there are no air bubbles. Let it dry approximately 2 or 3 days.
4. When dry, peel it off the cardboard and wash it carefully and dry completely. Now you have the mold for the frosted part of the candle, which can be used over and over again.
5. Mix up the waxes to make the "frosting" in an empty gallon jug. Mix together 12 ounce of soft wax and 4 ounces of micro, 1 tablespoon of sterine, 1/4 teaspoon of UV inhibitor, 1 tablespoon of vanilla cake scent and just a bit of yellow powdered dye.
6. Let this mixture cool a bit and then whip it using a hand mixer until it has the consistency of a thick milkshake.
7. Immediately pour it into the mold and let it cool until it is hard. It takes about an hour - a little less in the refrigerator.
8. Prepare the "cake" part. Line an old muffin tin with muffin cups. In another modified water jug, beat plain hard wax until it has the consistency of runny mashed potatoes.
9. Fill the lined muffin tins to the top and carefully set the "frosting" onto it, making sure they are sealed together. Let them cool completely.
10. With a drill, bore a hole into the top of the "cupcake" to hold the birthday candle. Apply a swirl of white glue on top of the high points of the "frosting" and sprinkle with the confectioner's decorations. Add the birthday candle.
Personalize your wedding treats with chocolate “wax” seals. Wax stamps can be found at craft stores and online.
Gather a group of friends to learn expert tips for making beautiful floral arrangements in a fun environment. Perfect for a...(10 photos)
Enrich your holiday party with two key ingredients: elegance and ease. Dress your table with handmade decorations and easy...(21 photos)