Baby Arugula Salad With Vinaigrette Recipe
Circa 1886 in Charleston, S.C., shares a recipe for a baby arugula salad topped with a savory vinaigrette and garnished with toasted pistachios and sweet apple slices.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
6 tablespoons baby arugula
2 tablespoons vinegar (recommendation: Bliss 9)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted
1 thin slice sheep's milk cheese (recommendation: St. Agur)
3 thin slices of green apple halves
pinch of black lava salt
1. Cut a long thin slice of sheep's milk cheese into a rectangle approximately 2 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches long. Wrap the cheese into a loop and press the ends together just enough so it holds its shape.
2. In a mixing bowl place the arugula, olive oil and vinegar together, and toss until coated evenly.
3. Season with black salt.
4. Gently place greens into the cheese cylinder in the center of a plate.
5. Stack the apple slices on top of each other. Cut the slices in half and fan each stack on opposite sides of the salad.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and toasted pistachios.
Recipe yields one salad per ingredient set.
Take a healthy approach to holiday brunch with a colorful kale salad featuring tangy vinaigrette, poached eggs and roasted...
This egg-topped flatbread offers a twist on traditional breakfast pizza.
A pecan rub and cider sauce give this pork roast a rich, fall flavor. Serve with apple tarts for a delicious meal your holiday...