A Sweet Social Event
Follow these tips on how to throw a dessert party.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Delicious miniature chocolate cakes and elegant strawberry shortcake dishes are just ways to get a dessert party started. Here are a few tips on arranging your table setting for the event.
Mini Chocolate Cakes
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
chocolate-dipped strawberries (optional)
1. In a double boiler, place chocolate and butter and allow to melt, stirring with a whisk periodically. Once melted, remove pot and add sugar and vanilla. Thoroughly mix and pour simultaneously until well blended. Add flour and salt, then eggs - one at a time - while stirring continuously.
2. Pour completed batter into buttered ramekin. Add chocolate chunks onto the top of the batter. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, then place cakes inside right when the first guest arrives. Let cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Add a dollop of whipped cream just before serving. Garnish with chocolate-covered strawberries if desired.
Make ordinary strawberry shortcake fabulous by serving it in martini glasses.
strawberries, sliced small
shortcake, cut into small pieces (either store-bought or homemade)
mint sprigs for garnish
1. Add a small amount of sugar to strawberries. Place a small amount in the bottom of a dessert or martini glass. Add shortcake, and then more strawberries.
2. Repeat three times. Finish with strawberries on top and put a whipped cream dollop on top.
Remember those candy dots? Use a sheet of them as a napkin ring for a fun touch to your dessert table.
Table Arrangement Tips
- Put a brightly colored tablecloth on your serving table.
- Glue silk daisies to a foam ball and stick lollipops inside for a cute centerpiece. Children can even help with this simple arrangement.
- Don't try to place a limit on the number of desserts you serve.
- Experiment with flavored coffees, which go great with desserts. Juice smoothies work well, too.
Snow peas, an essential vegetable in Chinese cookery, make this healthy stir-fry recipe work.