A Glass Ornament Tree That Sparkles
Combine greens, berries, glass ornaments and glitter to form a festive glass tree.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1-by-3-inch poplar lumber
tack cloth or rag
gold craft paint
hot glue gun
48-inch wooden dowels in various widths (5/16-inch to 3/8-inch)
gold spray paint
various glass ornaments
gold craft ribbon
gold craft jewelry wire
copper refrigeration wire
1. Cut five pieces of poplar lumber using a miter saw to the necessary dimensions to make a box without a top. Nail and glue the pieces together after drilling pilot holes where the corners meet. Sand the entire box and remove the dust with a tack cloth or damp rag.
2. Fill the nail holes with spackle and prime the box once it's dry. Apply several coats of gold paint, allowing it to dry between layers.
3. Cut floral foam pieces with a knife that extend no more than one inch above the top of the box to line the inside (the foam will hold the ornaments plus garland and evergreens in place to decorate the base of the tree). Secure each piece with hot glue.
4. Push the dowels into a scrap piece of foam and spray them gold in a well-ventilated area.
5. Remove the ornament hooks and pour hot glue in one to form a pool at the bottom that you can stick the dowel into. Hold the dowel in place for a bit so it's centered, and then glue gold ribbon around the base for a finishing touch.
6. Using trial and error, determine the placement of each ornament starting with the star in the center as the tallest trunk. Cut the other dowels to length using a hand saw and sharpen the ends of each a little with a pencil sharpener. Stick the sharpened end into the foam, and secure each with hot glue.
7. Fill holes by curling craft wire and hot-glue each piece to select ornaments between the gold ribbon and the dowel. Add an assortment of juniper and evergreen branches so they cascade out of the box.
8. Curl copper refrigeration coil and stick it into the foam.
Don't let the swirls fool you! This paper snowflake star Christmas ornament is easy, quick to make and sure to wow your guests...
Invite your favorite little ghouls and ghosties over for a Halloween bash with tasty snacks, creative party games and cute...(15 photos)
Celebrate the holidays by hosting an ornament-making party. Not only will guests leave with a new skill, the ornaments they...(22 photos)