Maximize Kitchen Storage
Storage is always a big issue when redesigning a kitchen – here are some innovative ways to keep your kitchen necessities in order.
- Add another cutting surface to your drawer with a custom addition available with IKEA kitchens.
- Two-tier cutlery drawers make the most of a deep space by stacking a sliding compartment on top of the other.
- Deep, wide drawers are perfect for storing all of your pots and pans in one place.
- Drawers with fitted pegs keep the contents in place.
- A pullout compartment called an "arena" shelf is accessible from all sides.
- Lazy Susans are working even harder these days. Opening the cabinet door pulls the shelves in the corner over to the side where everything is within reach.
- Upper corner cabinets not deep enough for lazy Susans can be fitted with hinged doors to make the space usable.
- A circular island with storage below allows for creative use of space in the uniquely shaped doors.