Maximize Kitchen Storage
Check out these ideas for easy kitchen organization.
Storage is always a big issue when redesigning a kitchen – here are some innovative ways to keep your kitchen necessities in order.
- Add another cutting surface to your drawer with a custom addition available with IKEA kitchens.
- Two-tier cutlery drawers make the most of a deep space by stacking a sliding compartment on top of the other.
- Deep, wide drawers are perfect for storing all of your pots and pans in one place.
- Drawers with fitted pegs keep the contents in place.
- A pullout compartment called an "arena" shelf is accessible from all sides.
- Lazy Susans are working even harder these days. Opening the cabinet door pulls the shelves in the corner over to the side where everything is within reach.
- Upper corner cabinets not deep enough for lazy Susans can be fitted with hinged doors to make the space usable.
- A circular island with storage below allows for creative use of space in the uniquely shaped doors.
Firing Up Your Bathroom
For the ultimate space heater, try adding a fireplace to your bathroom. New, prefab models make it easy and inexpensive.
Replacing Kitchen Cabinets
When refinishing and refacing don't make sense, consider replacing your kitchen cabinets.
Make a Roll-Away Kitchen Island
Step by step, you can build a movable kitchen island.
How to Install a Level Countertop
Here's how to remove a slanted countertop, cut a replacement and install it so the counter is nice and level.
Popular Kitchen Countertops
Whether the style of your kitchen is contemporary or traditional, innovations in kitchen countertop surfaces guarantee no two surfaces will be the same.
Kitchen Countertop Options
From stainless steel and copper to recycled glass, reclaimed wood, bamboo or concrete, your kitchen countertop options have never been so varied and diverse.
Best Kitchen Countertops
Whether you're looking for a middle-of-the-road update or a full-on upgrade, HGTV reveals the best kitchen countertop options.
Unique Kitchen Countertops
Make a statement in the kitchen with an unexpected kitchen countertop.
How To: Creating A Holographic Checkerboard Backsplash
Create a checkerboard kitchen backsplash using stick-on holographic tiles. Mixing colors and designs gives your kitchen visual appeal.
How to Install Fluted Molding
Fluted molding is used to add elegance to a traditional-style master bedroom.
Sign up for the HGTV Kitchen & Bath Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.