Let Natural Light Shine in the Kitchen
Using outdoor light is a great way to bring some warmth into your kitchen.
Here are five ideas to bring in natural light into your kitchen:
- Skylights are a fantastic way to bring in natural light. Designer DeWitt Talmadge Beall says skylights are effective because as the sun moves through the space, the light moves through the house creating visual interest and movement throughout.
- An all-glass retractable wall will bring in a bevy of sunlight.
- Garden windows let the light shine in while creating room for growing often-used herbs.
- Glass French doors can bring light to a breakfast area.
- "Ghost" glass transmits sunlight and casts a shadow that changes throughout the day, adding depth and a touch of softness.
Is your kitchen or bath dark and dreary? A skylight will not only brighten up the room, but add an architectural element as well.
Big ideas for large kitchen windows that reach out to the landscape and bring in natural light and views.
Roofing terminology can be a bit overwhelming. These basic roofing definitions will help get your project off on the right foot.
Bring natural light to any room with a sun tunnel skylight. Steve Watson shows you how.
Kitchen windows are a point of style and a strategic way to transform the overall look and feel of your space.
Bring loads of natural light into an interior space with a skylight tube. The idea of cutting a hole in a roof may be intimidating, but this project can be completed in a few hours with midlevel DIY skills.
Dress up a plain skylight with ceiling art to create an interesting visual.
Things to keep in mind when considering kitchen window ideas.
Kitchen window ideas for small windows.
Custom kitchen windows can dramatically enhance a kitchen's appeal, value and design.