Kitchen Makeover: Cabinet Door Inserts
Steve Watson and the Don't Sweat It crew take on a kitchen remodel for a busy family of three. The second project in this kitchen remodel: cabinet-door inserts.
Materials and Tools:
4'x8' lexan (2 sheets)
Safety Alert: Always wear eye protection and follow proper safety precautions when using power tools or pneumatic tools.
1. Remove all cabinet doors and leave the hinges in place. Label each door and cabinet with a piece of tape with a number to keep your layout for when you reattach the doors.
2. Using the router table, cut out the frame holding in the center panel. Remove the old panel and discard.
3. Using the table saw, cut the lexan down to desired size.
Install in the cabinet door and use clear latex caulk to seal and secure.
4. Reinstall the cabinet doors on the original hardware.
5. To finish the room, change out the drawer/cabinet hardware with modern hardware.
6. Prime and paint the room.