Increase Your Counter Intelligence
Spice up your kitchen countertop with quartz, travertine or glass.
How can you spice up your kitchen countertop? Use different materials such as limestone, marble, granite and quartz.
- Quartz is quickly becoming the mineral of choice for countertops. Cambria's Ian Thorburn says that it's stronger and more durable than granite and won't stain.
- Travertine is a versatile stone that's available matte or honed, which is a more polished finish, designer Kevin Cooper says.
- A translucent glass countertop goes well with a high-tech design, according to Aran's Steven Curtis.
- A stainless-steel countertop is ideal for a kid-friendly kitchen, designer Marjorie Skouras says.
- Synthetic Geocrete, which is available in different colors and with different inlays, was invented by designer Fu-Tung Cheng.