How to Create Wall Graphics
Personalize the walls of your kid's room with these unique wall graphics.
4'x8' sheet LDF (light-density fiberboard)
2"x1"x10' pine board
1. Find or draw a graphic that you and your child like and you feel comfortable cutting out with a jigsaw.
2. Have a local print shop blow the graphics up to desired dimensions and print on sticky back vinyl.
3. Carefully lay oversized sticker onto a clean sheet of LDF.
4. Use a jigsaw to cut out the shape. You may want to cover the base of the jigsaw with painter's tape or tissue to protect the vinyl from any scratches.
5. Cut a 6" length of the 1x2 for each shape and two 12" lengths. Using your table saw cut a 45-degree angle on one long edge of each of the 12" lengths.
6. Attach one 12" section to the back of the graphic cut out with the 45-degree angle pointing down. Attach another 12" section to the wall with the 45-degree angle pointing up to act as a cleat. Use the 6" length along the back, bottom of the shape as a spacer to keep your cutout an equal distance from the wall along all edges.
7. Hang the graphic by sliding the 12" section on the back of the graphic into the one attached to the wall.
10 Inexpensive Decorating Ideas
Make a difference in your design with money-saving tips and budget decorating ideas from Design on a Dime's Kelly Edwards.
High-Fashion Lights for a Low-Budget Price
Armed with some creative advice from lighting experts, a budget-minded bathroom makeover need not leave you in the dark.
Chic, Cheap Bathroom Makeover
From pretty paint to granite counters, we've got low-cost, high-impact decorating tips for the hardest working room in your home.
DIY Grain Sack Kitchen Barstool Cushions
Inexpensive canvas drop cloths, acrylic paint and basic sewing skills come together to create fabulous custom cushions for kitchen barstools or chairs.
Architectural Details Make the Difference
No matter what period your kitchen, architectural details can add authenticity and style.
Kitchen Table Centerpiece Design Ideas
So, you've got a party coming up this weekend and your kitchen table is looking bare? Let's find you a centerpiece that'll turn your table from every-day to divine.
Masking-Tape Floor Mat
Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to make a floor mat with masking tape.
10 Trendy Kitchen and Bathroom Upgrades
Check out these 10 kitchen and bath trends that are sure to get your creativity flowing.
Designing a Custom Shower
With proper planning and plumbing, you can design the shower of your dreams.
The Benefits of Going Green in the Bathroom
Learn how to use eco-friendly bathroom design to save energy and water, lower your utility bills and look beautiful doing it.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.