Creative Storage for Stuffed Animals
If stuffed animals are taking over your child's room, sew a storage pouch in the shape of your child's favorite critter.
2 yards soft washable fabric
1 yard nylon mesh
- With a pencil, draw desired shape approximately 30" wide and 18" high. For this project, they created a pig and bird, but the sky's the limit, a train or airplane would be great for a boy's room.
- Lay a single layer of the mesh and washable fabric on top of each other. Pin the traced template on top so all three layers are sandwiched together. Cut out the shape. This gives you the front and back of your stuffed animal storage.
- Measure the distance around the edge of your paper template. From the remainder of the soft, washable fabric, cut a strip this length and 14" wide. This is the edge of the stuffed animal storage.
- Begin by sewing the edge to the front of the same material. Once the edge is attached, sew together the 14" length where it begins and ends.
- Attach the mesh side (or backside) with straight pins so the front and back shapes line up. Sew the mesh side to the edges. Leave an 18"-24" gap for the zipper somewhere along this edge.
- Turn the project right side out and attach zipper.