Weekend Projects: Easy-To-Make Corbel Bedside Tables
Spruce up your bedroom with easy-to-make decorative bedside tables. They take less than a weekend to make and cost less than $100 in materials.
Materials and Tools:
table or circular saw
nail gun and nails
screw gun and screws
1. Determine the size of the table, cut the plywood to that size for the tabletop. We made our table 10” x 12”.
2. Cover the exposed plywood edges with molding. Use wood glue and a nail gun to attach the molding. Only cover the front and two sides, the backside will be pressed against the wall.
3. Attach the corbel to the tabletop using wood glue and a nail gun.
4. Paint or stain the wood as desired and let it dry completely. We painted ours white.
5. If the corbel has a keyhole notch in the back, insert a screw into the wall so that you can slip the corbel onto the wall. If your table is wide, you may also have to hang a cleat on the wall to support the tabletop.
How to Build a Contemporary-Style Bedside Table
Basic cabinet boxes are built then accented with an exotic hardwood to create high-end looking nightstands.
Build a Bedside Table
This bedside-table project gives you three design options all based on the same basic construction plan. Just decide on a budget and choose a design to fit it.
How-to: Botanical Print Nightstand
The DIY experts at HGTV Magazine recreated this flea market find. Here’s how you can, too.
Rustic Inlaid Stone Side Table
Cover the top of a table with stones for a rustic accent.
How to Refinish a Dining Room Table
Easily refinish a dated or worn dining room table to give it a fresh look.
How to Build a Glass-top Recessed Coffee Table
This table is covered in zebra-wood veneer, and the recessed top is filled with river rocks.
How to Build a Convertible-Top Coffee Table
Learn how to build a coffee table with hidden storage and a four seperate tabletops that flip from flat to cushioned.
How-to: Vintage Luggage Table
Upcycle flea market finds to create exciting new pieces courtesy of the DIY experts at HGTV Magazine.
How to Turn Nightstands into a Vanity
Turn two old bedside tables into a brand new vanity for your bedroom.
Rustic Tile Coffee Table
An old metal coffee table is given a rustic hacienda look with tile and wood.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada