Weekend Projects: Easy-To-Make Corbel Bedside Tables
Spruce up your bedroom with easy-to-make decorative bedside tables. They take less than a weekend to make and cost less than $100 in materials.
Materials and Tools:
table or circular saw
nail gun and nails
screw gun and screws
1. Determine the size of the table, cut the plywood to that size for the tabletop. We made our table 10” x 12”.
2. Cover the exposed plywood edges with molding. Use wood glue and a nail gun to attach the molding. Only cover the front and two sides, the backside will be pressed against the wall.
3. Attach the corbel to the tabletop using wood glue and a nail gun.
4. Paint or stain the wood as desired and let it dry completely. We painted ours white.
5. If the corbel has a keyhole notch in the back, insert a screw into the wall so that you can slip the corbel onto the wall. If your table is wide, you may also have to hang a cleat on the wall to support the tabletop.
Build a Bedside Table
This bedside-table project gives you three design options all based on the same basic construction plan. Just decide on a budget and choose a design to fit it.
How to Build a Contemporary-Style Bedside Table
Basic cabinet boxes are built then accented with an exotic hardwood to create high-end looking nightstands.
Rustic Inlaid Stone Side Table
Cover the top of a table with stones for a rustic accent.
How to Refinish a Dining Room Table
Easily refinish a dated or worn dining room table to give it a fresh look.
Rustic Tile Coffee Table
An old metal coffee table is given a rustic hacienda look with tile and wood.
A Square Coffee Table That Turns into a Rectangle Bench
Learn how to make a mosaic-topped coffee table that serves a dual-purpose as a dining room bench.
How to Build a Convertible-Top Coffee Table
Learn how to build a coffee table with hidden storage and a four seperate tabletops that flip from flat to cushioned.
How to Build a Glass-top Recessed Coffee Table
This table is covered in zebra-wood veneer, and the recessed top is filled with river rocks.
How-to: Vintage Luggage Table
Upcycle flea market finds to create exciting new pieces courtesy of the DIY experts at HGTV Magazine.
How to Give a Table a Graphic Top
The DIY experts at HGTV Magazine recreated this flea market find. Here’s how you can, too.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.