Weekend Projects: Easy-To-Make Corbel Bedside Tables
Spruce up your bedroom with easy-to-make decorative bedside tables. They take less than a weekend to make and cost less than $100 in materials.
Materials and Tools:
table or circular saw
nail gun and nails
screw gun and screws
1. Determine the size of the table, cut the plywood to that size for the tabletop. We made our table 10” x 12”.
2. Cover the exposed plywood edges with molding. Use wood glue and a nail gun to attach the molding. Only cover the front and two sides, the backside will be pressed against the wall.
3. Attach the corbel to the tabletop using wood glue and a nail gun.
4. Paint or stain the wood as desired and let it dry completely. We painted ours white.
5. If the corbel has a keyhole notch in the back, insert a screw into the wall so that you can slip the corbel onto the wall. If your table is wide, you may also have to hang a cleat on the wall to support the tabletop.