Materials and Tools:
4x8 MDF at 3/4" thickness
sheet of clear acrylic, like Plexiglas
sheet of frosted acrylic, like Plexiglas
6 puck lights
12 bags of sea glass
32-4" screws to attach frame
2" finish nails
1. Cut the 2x4s to desired size to form the base, four legs and backboard. Attach the 2x4s together to create a bench.
2. Attach MDF on for the top and bottom shelf. Be sure to have the back and side panels and front trim extend several inches above it, to create a shadowbox effect.
3. Keep the front of the footboard open like a bookshelf.
4. Paint the piece desired color(s).
5. Attach the puck lights to the surface of the top shelf so lights shine up.
6. Lay down the piece of frosted acrylic in the middle of shadowbox over lights.
7. Spread out the sea glass on top of the frosted acrylic.
8. Lay down the piece of clear acrylic on top.