How to Turn Nightstands into a Vanity
Don't have a use for those old nightstands anymore? Put them to use by making a vanity with them in this project.
Materials and Tools:
pin-nail gun and pin nails
finish-nail gun and finish nails
mini paint roller with roller pad
screw gun or Phillips screwdriver
eight 2-by-2-inch wood dowels or blocks
two one-drawer nightstands
1. Cut down two pieces of ¾-inch plywood to the desired size of the tabletop.
2. Glue and pin-nail the two pieces together.
3. Use an iron to adhere the edge banding to the entire outside edge of the plywood.
4.To raise the height of the table, cut the eight dowels to the desired height with a miter saw set at zero for a flush straight cut.
5. Attach the dowels to the four top corners of each nightstand using wood glue and a finish-nail gun.
6. Lay the plywood on top of the dowel pieces and adhere with construction adhesive and finish nails.
7. Sand the entire piece with a palm sander. Wipe clean to remove any dust.
8. Paint the entire piece using a mini roller and paintbrush.
9. Attach new hardware.