Adding Molding to an Old Nightstand
Beef up old nightstands with molding, then repaint and top off with new hardware.
Materials and Tools:
chop (miter) saw
1. Start with the bottom framework. Cut the baseboard molding into three pieces to wrap around the base of the nightstand. Cut the pieces at a 45-degree angle so you’ll have mitered joints.
2. Nail pine around the front and two sides of the bottom of the nightstands.
3. Attach the pine to the sides of each nightstand to give them a recessed-panel look. Measure the width and height of each side. The molding will sit on top of the baseboard molding you just attached.
3. Miter cut pine at a 45-degree angle.
5. Nail molding to each side of the nightstand.
6. Paint or stain as desired.
7. Add new hardware.
5 Multifunctional Storage Furnishings You Need
Whether you have too little space, too much stuff or both, storage furnishings are a fantastic and affordable solution. Here are five essentials that work for just about any home.
Build an Upholstered Storage Bench
Step-by-step instructions for creating a practical showpiece
Kitchen Island Table Ideas and Options
Bring on supper! These ideas for kitchen island tables are perfect for family meals or buffet-style parties.
Updating Your Home: Install Floating Shelves
These stylish shelves also add practical storage space.
Build a Wave-Shaped CD Rack
Carter Oosterhouse shares a project for building a decorative wall-mounted CD shelf.
How to Build a Wardrobe Tower
Learn how to construct a simple cabinet that could stand on its own or be part of an entertainment center.
Building a Cabinet Shelf
Learn how to fix a broken shelf with these step-by-step instructions from Don't Sweat It host Steve Watson.
How to Build a Convertible-Top Coffee Table
Learn how to build a coffee table with hidden storage and a four seperate tabletops that flip from flat to cushioned.
Kitchen Island Tables
Add a simple table area to your kitchen island with these design tips.
Installing Fiberglass Batt Insulation
Use these tips and techniques to ensure proper installation of fiberglass insulation.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.