Explore the many options for creating a beautiful bathtub area.
In recent years, options have expanded not only for the shape and size of tubs but also for the materials used, including acrylic, stainless steel and other metals, slab stones and mosaics as well as traditional porcelain. The first step in any tub-design decision is to tour local models and stores to get a good idea of what’s available to meet your needs. Here are some trends and general thoughts on design for your consideration:
- Reproduction claw-foot and skirted tubs are resurrecting an early-19th-century stand-alone style.
- The most common type of tub is the drop-in tub. Drop-in tubs leave the tub surround (or countertop of the tub) and skirt open for limitless design possibilities.
- The skirt can match the flooring for a free-floating look or can be covered with wood paneling embellished with columns and molding for a dressier, more traditional look.
- Polished slab stones are wonderful choices for contemporary bathtub skirts.
- Tub placement is important to great design. Tubs are often separated from the shower. A favorite option is to place the tub in front of large windows with wonderful views.
Invest in a Soaking Tub for Your Zen Bathroom
Installing a soaking tub gives your bathroom an authentic and relaxing Zen-inspired design.
Browse your options for tub faucets, and prepare to install a stylish and long-lasting tub fixture.
Old Tub, New Finish
Prep makes perfect when it comes to the tricky task of reglazing a tub.
Soak in the Latest Tub Technology
Transform your bath into an at-home spa with a hot, new tub.
Whirlpool Tubs: Designs and Options
Before you buy a whirlpool bathtub, take these important considerations into account to be sure it's the right fit for your lifestyle and budget.
New designs and materials are making shower areas the star of the bath.
Buying a Bathtub Without Getting Soaked
Consider all your options and there are plenty of them when planning your bathtub purchase.
The Period Bath Takes on a New Luster
Vintage-look bathtubs and decor take you back in time without sacrificing convenience or style.
Choosing the Right Whirlpool Bathtub
Before you run out and buy a new whirlpool for your bathroom, there are many important questions to ask yourself to avoid expensive mistakes.
How to Choose a Bathtub
Consider factors like bathroom size and features when shopping for a tub for your remodel.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.