New designs and materials are making shower areas the star of the bath.
One of the hot trends in modern baths is to eliminate the tub, using only the shower to accommodate a less leisurely lifestyle. And speaking of hot trends, another is to make them large enough to bring a guest with you — he or she can even have a separate showerhead. Here are other ideas for designing a hot shower:
- Eliminate the shower door by having a wet space large enough to contain the water.
- If you have a large shower, allow lots of natural light in.
- Glass is the hottest material in baths today.
- The most common material for the shower surround is tile, which is also the most economical, but other options include natural stone, manufactured stone, glass block, glass tile, and acrylic.
- Traditional spaces use tile and ornamental borders but keep to a neutral, monochromatic color scheme. Contemporary baths use stone or an artful combination of stone and tile, especially mosaic tiles.
- Shower doors made of glass can be framed or seamless. The popular seamless doors require thicker glass and have a higher price tag.
- Preformed acrylic tubs are high performance, low maintenance and low cost.
Browse your options for tub faucets, and prepare to install a stylish and long-lasting tub fixture.
Could your bathroom shower use a little updating? Check out the newest trends.
The shower pan helps protect the tile floor of a shower. Here's how to take care of it.
Invest in a Soaking Tub for Your Zen Bathroom
Installing a soaking tub gives your bathroom an authentic and relaxing Zen-inspired design.
Explore the many options for creating a beautiful bathtub area.
How to Replace a Leaky Bathroom Faucet
Host Steve Watson shows how to install a bathroom faucet.
Vessel Sink Bathroom Faucets
Explore your options for vessel sink bathroom faucets, and get ready to install an attractive showpiece fixture in your bath space.
Bathroom Vanity Sinks
Get all the information you'll need to explore a wide range of bathroom vanity sinks so you can pick the style that's right for your bath space.
Bathroom Sink Faucets
Get info on bathroom sink faucets, and choose the style and design that will work best for the bath space in your home.
Large and Luxurious Walk-In Showers
Move over, jetted soaking tubs. Power showers top homeowners' wish lists.
Sign up for the HGTV Kitchen & Bath Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.