European design has always been popular in the bath, featuring either an innovative, engineered look or an opulent Old World look. Here are some of the hallmarks of the most influential countries:
- England: A delicate, petite look for faucets, often featuring exposed plumbing. It’s a favorite of traditionalists.
- Italy: Sleek, playful, and highly engineered. Italian designs have a distinctive contemporary look.
- Denmark: Sleek, sexy, and minimalist. Danish design blends beautifully with Asian decor.
- France: Two very different approaches to design: either an aged Old World look or a sophisticated style with an unusual combination of materials for an opulent look.
- Germany: Well thought-out and precise. Everything has a specific place and function.