Checklist: Essential Mortgage Documents
- Full name of all persons applying for the loan along with their social security cards (the original blue card - not a copy)
- Your home address, including zip code, for the last 24 months and the names and addresses of landlords and/or mortgage lenders
- Name and complete address of employers (for all applicants) for the last 24 months
- Last two years' W-2 forms for all applicants
- Most recent pay stubs covering one full month and year-to-date info for all applicants
- Verification of any other income to be used for qualification purposes;
- If any applicant is self-employed, bring copies of your current profit and loss statement, a current balance sheet, and Income Tax Returns for the past two years, both personal and business.
- A list of account numbers, current balances, and complete bank/credit union addresses for all checking and/or savings accounts
- Copies of your last two months' checking and savings account statements
- Copies of most recent investment and retirement account statements, if applicable
- If any buyer is obligated to pay alimony, child support, or separate maintenance, bring a copy of the recorded divorce decree and/or maintenance agreement.
- If any applicant owns other real estate, please provide a list of all income, copies of all leases and/or rental agreements, names and addresses of all lenders, loan numbers, loan balances, and monthly payments.