Patio Furniture Cleanup
Gardening expert Marianne Binetti shares some tips for making patio furniture cleanup easy and effective:
• Shaving cream is a nontoxic solvent and cleaner — perfect for use on plastic patio furniture. Spray furniture liberally and let the cream set a few minutes before scrubbing it off with an old toothbrush.
• To restore weather-beaten wood furniture, sprinkle on dry dishwashing detergent and rub the wood with a soft brush. This will clean the wood. Next condition the wood by rubbing in vegetable oil.
• When furniture is beyond cleaning, try hiding the ugly truth with these incredibly simple, no-sew cushions
Materials and Tools:
stacks of newspaper
1. Create a stack of newspapers the height you want your cushion to be and band the stack with a strip of tape to keep them together.
2. Put the papers in the middle of a piece of oilcloth, cut to size, and wrap it like you would a gift.
3. Use clear duct tape to seal.
4. Use oil cloth for other accessories like outdoor pillows and plant holders.