How to Build Outdoor Patio Bench with Ottoman
Built-in patio furniture from Rip and Renew provides a comfy spot for outdoor lounging and entertaining.
Materials and Tools:
galvanized decking screws
1. Determine the size of your bench. Use a miter saw to cut the pine boards for the frames.
2. Assemble the frame and fasten the boards with galvanized decking screws. You will need two separate side frames for each bench.
3. Cut the plywood to size to cover the frame, allow for overlapping.
4. Attach the plywood to the pine boards using a staple gun. The plywood should cover the seat, back and sides of the frame.
5. To add a chaise ottoman, construct a rectangular frame the same height as the bench. Cover all sides in plywood except for the bottom.
6. Paint as desired.